Wann et net an eng vun deenen aneren Foren eranpasst ...<br>
.:: Preferred language(s): lux<br>
.:: Permissions: Registered
elzo
Spends quite some time here

Apple i-Tunes / Apple TV

Post by elzo »

Hi all, did you know that:
If you use I-tunes, you can only create a local account in the region you live in.
BUT if you use a I-Tunes gift card from the US (which is prepaid, available in the Apple stores) and a local address over there - can be anything, like a hotel - you'll be able to access the I-Tunes store on the other side of the ocean! You need a method like the gift card since non-US Credit Cards are blocked for use when creating a US account..

Great for: TV Series and movies from the USA, I-Phone Apps (thought I don't have one myself.. yet..) and whatever else is not made available to the European market.
Now if you go the whole nine yards, you get an Apple TV, which -while using the US I-Tunes account- stores series, movies and music on an integrated harddisk you get from that store. I have to say I've seen it in action and its fantastic. The newest movies for rent for $2.99 or $3.99 in HD.
If anyone needs this kind of stuff from across the pond, just drop me a mail.

Does't take away I **finally** installed my parabole again. Now I have to figure out what happened in the last 1,5 years with this swap to CCcam! Unbelievable! Or does it only look complicated? ;)
Be prepared for incoming questions!
Cheers..
elzo
Spends quite some time here

Re: Apple i-Tunes / Apple TV

Post by elzo »

Today I bought an Apple tv 160GB here in Atlanta.
Didn't take me long to find a hack:
http://dannyruchtie.nl/
Here is a whole guide to mount external drives and ways to play more videoformats then originally foreseen for the box.. :) Did the whole thing, but can't let the box properly connect to the internet (to finalize some installation) here in the hotel, so testresults have to wait until I'm back home!